Monday 3 March 2014

Diano Marina Sunday 13 October 2013

Sunday 13 October
Breakfast is indeed downstairs in the same room as we had our dinner last night and it is a buffet. The buffet is laid out on a table in the middle of the room and is shared between us and the Lucketts group. I think everyone is having breakfast at the same time today as there are folk everywhere. The same could not be said of the staff!
Soon we run out of coffee, croissants, cereal  and milk which is normal but what I don’t like is that we seem to have been abandoned by the waiting staff when they should be keeping a constant check on the breakfast. I go off in search of somebody and also go into the next room to pinch their milk. I finally find somebody to top everything up but it is all a little sloppy.
Upstairs in the main restaurant I check on the buffet and it is not the same as ours, there are extra types of cereal, breads and fruit. This is again annoying especially when I had asked yesterday and we have booked and paid for the same. I suppose we are in France and I just cannot be arsed to argue anymore! The customers seem okay about it all but I am not that impressed.
We are away at 08:00 for the long drive up to Calais. I follow the signs to the motorway but it does mean on a couple of occasions going over the new tram lines! Also can’t see too much as it is very foggy!
Once out onto the motorway it is a good drive via Troyes and Reims to Calais.

I wasn’t really looking forward to doing this holiday as still very sad over my friends passing and if his funeral had fallen over the last nine days I don’t know what I would have done but thankfully (cheers Del) it is tomorrow. The funeral will be sad but I am also a little excited about having the chance to say goodbye in the way he would have liked and to meet up and talk about him with his family and friends.
Having now done the tour I am pleased I did it!! The hotel was extremely good in all aspects and I really can’t find any fault. I am already looking to return in the future.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Nicola for all of her help serving drinks and supplying biscuits!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Thank you for a great week in Italy, it really was a fabulous hotel with friendly staff, excellent food and brilliant days out. As for the drinks and biscuits, its always a pleasure being able to lend a hand, so you are very welcome!